Monday, April 13, 2009

The NeverEnding Story

I've just revisited a childhood favorite of mine. Perhaps you remember it too?



I just finished reading the book & I'm now itching to watch the movie. Admittedly I actually didn't know the movie was based on the book which was written by Michael Ende until I stumbled across it at Kinokuniya yesterday while looking for a kid's birthday present. The book was published in 1979, translated from German in 1983 & the movie was made in 1984 (mostly shot in Germany by the way).

I saw the movie on video much later but along with The Sound of Music & The Last Unicorn, The NeverEnding Story was played over & over again on my VCR as a kid. I must've drove my parents nuts.

Anyways, it's great to know that I now have the book which is "Fantastica" by the way (pun intended). I'm picking up The Last Unicorn next at Kinokuniya.

4 comments:

ToyBoy & ToyGirl said...

interesting!! Didn't know it was based on a book either. Must get my hands on one too.

Murni said...

it's fabulous! there's a whole different aspect of bastian that was unexplored in the movie. have fun reading it!

Ms Zebra said...

I loved the last unicorn! i had it playing over n over too. i also remember wanting to be a unicorn at one point in my childhood life but that's a different story. Had totally forgotten about that movie over the years until i saw your post!!

Murni said...

i think i was like the only kid in my whole kindergarten to have loved it much less watched it! i painted a picture of the unicorn & told my friends & teachers it was the unicorn from the movie & they were like "wha..?" i was oh-so-alone so it's great to hear that someone else out there watched it over & again too! YAY!! haha

p/s: i wanted to be the unicorn too ;)