Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Genuine Buyers ONLY Please!

Ever since I've been on the local bazaar circuit I've been getting lots of exposure & coverage for my jewelry which is excellent but oh my gosh... I wasn't quite ready for the amount of emails that comes with all this exposure & coverage! It's not quite a problem lah and I feel extremely blessed and happy that there's this outpouring of interest in indie handicrafters and online shopping.

YaY for Malaysian Indie Handcrafters and Online Shopping!

I have also received plenty of orders from Malaysians (as opposed to before when it was mostly orders from overseas). This so totally ROCKS and just goes to show that Malaysians are becoming more and more open to purchasing online and love their one of a kind, handmade products. Problem is, there's a small number of people placing these orders who are unscrupulous.

They place an order, I send an invoice, they email back saying they will pay, then POOF! I don't hear from them anymore. Wha...?!?!?

I don't mind if they sent me an email with an enquiry, in fact I welcome questions! Heck, I don't even mind much if suddenly they have a change of heart as long as they let me know and don't leave me hanging for over a week! But once an order has been placed and I've confirmed availability by sending an invoice, it basically means we're in agreement and that I've already put the order aside which in turn deprives me of a potential sale from someone else, and I of course expect payment to be made within 3 working days (or within a renegotiated time frame) as stated time and time again on this blog and in my emails.

Can't get any more simple than that.

So let this be a warning to YOU, the unscrupulous buyer (I love everyone else. Really!): If you place an order and do not make payment on time, I will BLACKLIST you and forward your details to all online traders I know... And I know quite a few mind you.

Yup, it's tough lovin' time folks. The bottom line is, if you're not sure whether you want something, don't place the order. Drop me an email, ask me questions and then when you're truly ready, let's do business together. I don't bite and my friends say I'm very nice... That's why they're my friends. Heh.

(Psst! Anyone out there wants a button like the one above? I'll be happy to pass it along, just drop me an email)

No comments: