Saturday, May 18, 2013

Adzwan + Lynda's Happily Ever After

 
I love customers who have offbeat ideas & are willing to try anything. This is why I had so much fun working on Adzwan & Lynda's akad nikah or solemnisation dais for yesterday (the dais was provided by Felda & the chair by the famous Pak Abu who also decorated the couple's reception).
 
 
Lynda is a big Little Mermaid & Disney fan, so naturally she wanted an underwater fantasy themed wedding. As a diver & Disney fan myself, this was totally up my alley! I didn't want to turn things too hokey though as an akad nikah is such a special & intimate affair, so I kept the floral arrangements sweet & very simple as requested by the family, while adding in elements that reminded me of corals & seaweed, like Hydrangea, Pincushion Protea, Celosia Cristata, Dusty Miller & Eucalyptus plus of course, some sea shells my own father gifted my mother many years ago.
My favourite flowers for this particular project were the different varieties of Ginger flowers I managed to find so I also added them to the bride's hand bouquet (pictured below) along with a couple of clay starfishes I handmade myself. The groom's boutonnière has a small sprig of Hydrangea I plucked off the bride's bouquet along with a one of my tiny little starfishes (which I forgot to take a picture of along with the guest table centrepieces *slaps forehead*).
 

As I'm still fairly new to floral arranging, I still have tons to learn so I am grateful for every opportunity that comes my way. Thank you & congratulations Adzwan & Lynda! May you live happily ever after...

No comments: