Thursday, January 5, 2012

Handwritten

 Write More Handwritten Letters print by Mary Kate McDevitt  
Inspired by a conversation I had with @IAmAnida awhile back about kad Raya (thanks babe!), one of my resolutions for this year is to start handwriting to friends & family members instead of dropping them the ubiquitous email or Facebook message. I personally love receiving handwritten notes & letters (that’s how my hubby wooed me by the way, no kidding!) so even if it’s just a simple note, a little effort to put pen to paper will be sure to delight.

Here’s a very nice post on The Anatomy Of A Thank You Note because if you’re like me & you’re a little rusty on writing personal letters, a thank you note is the easiest place to start because IMHO we all have something or someone to be grateful for that has been left unspoken or unexpressed.

Admittedly, one of the things I like about writing letters is the stationery & as a crafter, I love collecting small works of printed art that is the humble greeting card. All you crafty types out there are nodding your heads in agreement now, I bet! Here are my Etsy picks of cards (links below). Hope they will inspire you to pick up a pen too ;)

Letterpressed Merci Card by Presse Dufour
Embroidered Hello Card by Blue Eye Brown Eye
Braille Letterpress Notecards by Fourth Year Studio
Par Avion Post Cards by Humunuku Shoppe
Simple Scallop Letterpress Notes by RubyPress 
Write More Handwritten Letters print by Mary Kate McDevitt
Letterpress Merci Card by Presse Dufour
Embroidered Hello Card by Blue Eye Brown Eye
Braille Letterpress Notecards by Fourth Year Studio
Par Avion Post Cards by Humunuku Shoppe
Simple Scallop Letterpress Notes by Ruby Press

No comments: