Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Miss Blogging

It's getting harder & harder now to find time to blog which I suppose is a good thing because that means my business is keeping me very busy but damn, I really miss blogging. It's been so long since I've surfed the world wide web for pleasure that I'm beginning to think I will NEVER catch up with my Google Reader! So much for trying to take things easy in 2013 eh? But I'm the type that never says "no" to a good opportunity so no matter what, I will keep pushing myself & trying to deliver whatever I make or do in the best possible way, in the best possible time. The sky's the limit folks! I say grab whatever opportunities that come your way & keep trying, learning & doing things that excite & inspire you. 

As usual, here are a few pictures from my Instagram of the projects I worked on last week. 

I hand-cut a couple of paper ballerinas to top the cake & decided to take a stab at making mini tutus for them. Pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself!

A tiny ballerina cake topper I hand-cut & then added a handmade mini tulle tutu. I think it's the most precious thing I've made to date! 


Renee's Fairy Ballerina birthday party at Marmalade, Publika last Sunday. Mini cut out ballerinas with actual tiny tutus in action on the cake!

The tiny ballerinas with their tutus in action on Renee's birthday cake by Dear Sue Cakes. Inside is a pink ombre layered butter cake & it's sooooo yummy! 

More shots from Renee's birthday party. Was especially happy with the hanging tutus. Had such a hard time getting them hung but luckily Bobby the hubby helped the night before.
For this Fairy Ballerina themed party I did all the floral arrangements, tutus & fairy wands for the girls, wizard wands for the boys, personalised chocolate bar wrappers, provided the candy & made hanging tutu skirts for hanging. I also provided the cake in a jar from Dear Sue Cakes as favours for the guests. It was a lot of fun working on this theme as it was very pink & girly! Will post up more pictures soon (hopefully!).


Hand bouquet for Eleena. I love clients who are willing to take risks with bold & unconventional color & flower combos!

A bridal hand bouquet I made for Eleena. I just love customers who are up for unconventional colour & flower combos! This bouquet was made with Kenyan & Indian Roses, Chinese Spray Roses & Eustomas, Mediterranean Sea Lavender & Brazillian Globosas. I also made the groom a matching boutonnière. 

No comments: