Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Booktrack



Have you heard of Booktrack yet? Being the bookworm that I am, I’m really excited & while I type this, I’m downloading a copy of Sherlock Holmes that comes complete with a Hollywood score, synchronised music, sound effects & the best thing of all? It’s paced to your own reading speed while constantly changing to match the plot in real-time! Tell me that doesn’t amazing, I dare you.

Description from the iTunes Store: “Unlike traditional audio books, Booktrack is a soundtrack that will match what you are reading, AS YOU READ (Note: no one is reading the story to you). You can now truly hear what it’s like to be back in Holmes time with the suspense of Dr. Watson helping Holmes solve a case, horse’s hooves beating against the pavement while the tension rises in the air & when they site before a fire you will hear the wood crinkling in the background as Holmes & Watson solve another mystery. The personalised sound effects & composition makes the story more powerful & immersive than it has even been heard before!”
I can’t wait to try out my free copy of Sherlock Holmes but I’m most especially excited about the upcoming release of Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre & Romeo & Juliet! I also can’t help feeling that Poe’s The Tell-Tale Heart would be awesome for this app & would download it in a heartbeat (excuse the pun) if it were made. In the meantime, have a look at the Sherlock Holmes preview below.

No comments: