Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I’m An Advanced Diver!

OMG, I had the BEST EVER dives over the weekend! Visibility underwater was clear for at least 20 – 30 meters at all the dive sites around Tioman which is almost unheard of & I’m so happy to see that coral bleaching which was so widespread a few months back is now under control. Getting my Advanced certification was surprisingly easy even though I thought I was going to royally screw up Underwater Navigation (I had never held a compass prior to last weekend) & freak out during the Night Dive, but man, it was all a breeze! Of course, it helps that I had such an awesome instructor (also known as my fiancé) & the guys that I did my certification with were so much fun to be around that I felt no pressure whatsoever.

I can’t wait for our next dive trip but that will have to wait till after our wedding in April next year. Till then, I’ll be dreaming of clear blue waters, colorful coral reefs, marine life big & small…

No comments: