Thursday, April 21, 2011

Najwa



I picked up Najwa Mahiaddin’s CD yesterday & I got to say it’s the perfect antidote to the gloomy weather we’ve been having in the evenings. The album, titled Innocent Soul has 10 songs co-produced by Widi Puradiredja of Maliq & D’essentials & all the songs written by the talented chanteuse who is currently studying at Berklee College of Music in Boston, USA. Yup, she’s juggling her studies overseas & launching her album at the same time… Hat’s off to ya’ Najwa!

If neo soul is your thing or if you just like good music (like, who doesn’t?), I suggest you pick up a copy. At only RM21.90, you can’t go wrong. Support our local Malaysian artistes, I say (regardless if they’re the daughter of our Deputy Prime Minister or not! Heh). I can’t decide which track I like best because they’re all good, but Got To Go above is a contender for my fave song & it’s the first single launched so have a looksee & listen. You be the judge & let me know what you think.

P/S: Here’s another review on the album.

No comments: