Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Magnetic Paper Dolls



I got to say that my all-time favorite birthday card was a paper doll one I received for my birthday when I was very young (thanks Pak Su!). Till this day I remember exactly how the dolls look like & the make believe world I created for them until sadly, they were torn by my bitter rival (and secret boyfriend) in a jealous fit of rage when I was paying more attention to the dolls instead of him. Ah, young love!

Anyways, I stumbled on this adorable magnetic paper doll project & immediately thought they'd make an awesome gift for the little darling in your life. Alli of One Pearl Button used images from the Betsy McCall paper doll web site (which I absolutely adore!) and transferred them to thin magnets which I've seen at Popular bookstore. By putting them all together in a small tin, she was able to create a toy that's great for home or on-the-road use. Brilliant! She's updated and added a tutorial for creating your own.

No comments: