Monday, May 25, 2009

Waterfalls For My Birthday

Thank you my darlings for the birthday wishes. I had a full & fabulous weekend as I got to catch up with my nearest & dearest friends, caught the bridal bouquet at an intimate & very lovely wedding (congrats James & Celine!!!) & then best of all, me & the boyfriend did a spot of waterfall hopping!

Although he had initially planned to take me Para Gliding, I decided we should do something a little less heart-thumping & more leisurely so he changed the plan & we took a 30 - 45 minute drive from Ampang to the Hulu Langat/Semenyih area & explored a few waterfalls all within 10 - 15 minutes drive from each other. It was wonderful! Here are just some of the pictures from our little adventure...

Lots of families congregate at the base of the waterfalls but if you go further up, there are more "mini" waterfalls which are mostly quiet & relatively untouched.

After a rather hard trek at one of the waterfalls (OK, I admit I'm out of shape) we spread the picnic mat & I read a little before taking a short siesta.

Finally took the plunge. The water is freezing (but excellent)!

Thanks bi for an excellent trip!

2 comments:

chuishia@toygirl said...

wow!!! the waterfalls look amazing!! and the water looks clear. love the picture of you under the fall. can just imagine the freezing water now especially in this unbearable heat. ^_^

Murni said...

it was wonderful chui shia! would definitely recommend anyone to take a trip out there to check out the falls. it can be quite a hike to reach the more secluded spots (and they can get really crowded!) but it's sooooo worth it.

what's up with this heat btw??!? i'm melting here! can't wait for the next waterfall trip :D