Here are just some of the small steps I've taken to contribute to the preservation of Mother Earth:
- I pack my own lunch to take with me to the office. This not only means I cut back on the use of styrofoam and disposable take-out food packaging, but I save money and it's good for my diet too!
- I don't buy bottled mineral water anymore (I used to stock up on bottled water to take with me wherever I go). Instead, I now fill up my handy little 600ml Outerspace Felton bottle whenever I leave the house.
- I love air conditioning (living in a tropical country you kind of depend on it and yeah, I'm spoiled) but I'm slowly weaning myself of it. I now set my bed room's air conditioner to switch off automatically after 2 hours while I'm asleep and I always switch off my car's air conditioner when it's a breezy day and whenever I hit the highway.
- I keep a Reisenthel MiniMaxi Shopper in my handbag so that I don't have accept plastic bags from the shops whenever I make a purchase. Check out their whole line of chic MiniMaxi products here. I love it so much that I'm now seriously contemplating getting this, this and this.
- I support brands and labels that use recyclable packaging, organic ingredients, organic cloth, is fair trade certified and made locally (this cuts down gas emission from transportation) where possible.