Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Yipes

How LONG has it been since I last blogged? Too long. Anyhoo, here's what I've been up to:

- It was my birthday on the 22nd of May. Had a lovely dinner with the boyfriend, he got me this very cool MP3 player & I received lots of loving wishes from my friends all over the world. Thanks everyone! You all made turning 27 bearable. Hahahaha :P

- Was very busy running around preparing for a baby shower for my client's gorgeous daughter-in-law (I hope I'll look that good someday when I'm 7 months pregnant). The family is very big in the equestrian circle here in Malaysia so obviously they wanted a horse themed baby shower for the latest addition to the family. You can not believe how hard it is to find anything remotely cute and horse-related in Malaysia! Needless to say, everything had to be custom made by yours truly. Some of the pictures are here.

- Mimpi debuted at Bijou Bazaar! Although I didn't manage to join them on Saturday AND I started pretty late on Sunday PLUS I had to leave earlier than expected (there's a really long story here which I'm not going to bore you with), I had lots of fun meeting all sorts of wonderfully friendly people. The organizers were super nice too. I've had some reserve in the past about joining these independently run bazaars and markets but now I'm all for it! The crowd may not be what I'm used to in Mont Kiara but they're so much more fun and definitely more open to new designs and concepts. Here's hoping my schedule will clear up a bit so that I can join more of these indie craft markets in the future!

- Had my first ever pool session as part of my PADI Open Water Diver course (which is also part of my birthday present from the boyfriend. Thanks baby! You're the best!). I was very nervous right before hitting the water but once I had my matching pink fins and mask on, I was ready to dive in the deep blue ocean even! Well... not quite YET but I am very excited to complete my course with 5 more dives (open water this time) at Tioman Island this weekend. THIS WEEKEND!!! Holy cow.

Wish me luck!

No comments: