Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ikea Lovin'

I love Ikea. I'm an Ikeaholic. I swear could go to Ikea every week and not get bored. It's a great place to go for decoration inspiration, to source fun and cheap seasonal decorative items and practical home solutions. And hey, a little retail therapy never hurt anyone, right?

Plenty of people will groan and moan, "oh, but IKEA is soooo commercialized and everyone has the same piece of furniture from Ikea." Not so my nay-saying friend. Check out Ikea Hacker for ingenious solutions to customize your flat-packed Ikea purchase.

Anyhoo, the pictures above are just some of the things I bought recently to perk myself up when I was feeling under the weather and in need of cheering up. Clockwise from left to right: KNUBBIG table lamp with cherry blossom etching on frosted glass (makes a very nice night light as it's really small and oh so pretty), SOMMAR beach mat in pink (for my trip out to Tioman Island next month), SOMMAR hanging tealight holder (I bought all the colors shown because I love the combo) and SOMMAR cushion with the pink star. Couldn't find the other stuff I bought on their website as I suspect they're from last season.

Did I mention that I adore Ikea's line of seasonal items? The ones above are obviously from their latest Summer collection. Read and see how I decorated my boyfriend's birthday party last year with almost an entire range of Ikea Christmas decorations here and check out the pictures here.

Long live Ikea!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kak Murni,

How are you? Anyway just wanna inform you that i've link your blog over at my blog. If you wanna check out my blog it's http://angeliccelestialm.blogspot.com/

Hope you don't mind yeah, take care