Monday, February 25, 2008

Samba!

These fine feathered creations were made by yours truly for an exclusive, high-society Samba themed ladies' luncheon to celebrate the Raja Permaisuri Agong's birthday (the Permaisuri was the guest of honor of course). I had an unlimited budget and total freedom of creativity to come up with these hairclips/brooches for about 90 ladies in guess how many days? 3 days! Yikes! Although I loved making every single one of them as they are all totally unique, I don't look forward going through the experience again anytime soon. Hehehe.

I received some really wonderful feedback for all my hard work and was told that all the ladies at the luncheon (including the Permaisuri herself!) were delighted with my feathered creations and proudly wore it in their hair and in the Permaisuri's case, even wore it on her headscarf! How cool is that?

I'll be making more of these hairclips/brooches sometime soon and will put them up for sale right here under the Miscellaneous section. Stay tuned!

No comments: